~

“Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.” ~ Jonathan Swift

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hello Out There

One of the main reasons I created this blog was to keep some friends and family more easily in the know.  It's a lot simpler for me to just update the blog than rehash the same conversation and facts with each person.  Also, sometimes it is difficult and/or awkward bringing this stuff up.  

However, I chose to keep the blog public and readily accessible.  The paranoid teacher inside me still worries about this.  But I do a pretty good job of keeping my disability a secret at work; today a student even told me she thought I was too healthy to need health insurance...riiiiight.  Though I do struggle over the blog's privacy settings, I am intrigued to find that there are some new readers to my blog.  Who are you?  How did you find my blog?  Do you have multi focal choroiditis too?  Do you know someone who does?  Why are you following my weird blog that often has no focus? I would really like to hear from you, so please comment.

In other news, I am beginning to think that my diet might actually be working.  On the airplane this past weekend, I nearly shocked myself when I realized that I could see--and see well!  The flashes of light were significantly calmer; I even closed my good eye and discovered that I could see much more through my left eye.  This news kept me happy for the rest of the flight.   Then, I spent the rest of the weekend eating processed flour, chocolate cake, and drinking lots of alcohol.  The joke was that I'd return to Philadelphia blind.  And what do you know?  My flashes of light are indeed a bit more intense than before the trip.  Back to being good...but a trip to New York City awaits me this weekend.  Being good in New York City?  Oxymoron!

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    I thought i better leave a comment. I have been reading your blog for awhile. I have Punctate inner choroidapathy (PIC) which is my understanding is that this is similar to what you have. I was told two years ago that i have it and have lost some of my central vision casue of it.
    I have been interested in diet and food that will help my eye, but never really know if I am doing the right thing and then go back to eating badly after trying to eat well for a short time.
    have really enjoyed your blog and hearing about the foods you have been eating.

    Charmaine
    I will also send you an email so feel free to email me if you want.

    ReplyDelete