~

“Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.” ~ Jonathan Swift

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tasty Treats

So, one of the challenges of my new diet is actually finding suitable recipes.  As someone used to searching by a main ingredient ("I feel like lamb!"), I now found myself totally lost.  I might punch in a main ingredient and then find a recipe filled with deep frying or sugar or something else strictly prohibited.  

I did have some tasty meals this week though.  On Tuesday, I had Barbequed Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps.  Just go a little easy on the hoisin sauce, generous on the ginger and garlic, and add a dash of crushed red pepper flakes.  I used romaine lettuce instead of iceberg for more color and an easier 'pocket'.  With the leftover chicken filling, I made a salad by putting it all on a bed of baby spinach leaves and a sprinkle of flax seeds.  Both meals were pretty good!  Last night, the boy and I tried out Saag Tofu.  Also very tasty!  We ate it with brown basmati rice.  


2 comments:

  1. The saag tofu recipe looks great. Tofu and paneer are pretty similar--I bet you don't miss the cheese at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. except that I miss cheese terribly...I do allow myself a little nibble here and there. but tofu is really delicious too!

    ReplyDelete