~

“Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.” ~ Jonathan Swift

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Up Close and Personal

The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived!  Well, ok, it's actually been around for while BUT I just discovered it.  Thanks to the wonders of YouTube, you can now all witness what I go through when I get Avastin injections.  Lucky you.

Take a look here

I was bored one day and decided to YouTube search this.  I was pretty surprised to find it actually.   Even more surprising, I found myself unable to watch the injection.  It made me cringe and feel scared for Kate.  Given that I've had more injections than I can count (and I used to), this is rather ironic.  However, I pretty much behave the same way as Kate; I don't panic or flinch.  It's very dangerous to do that actually--once, I learned that the hard way and ended up with a pool of blood that developed along the outside of my iris.  Apparently, as the needle was entering, my head recoiled, and the needle knicked me.  Though I recovered and the spot diminished, it "outed" my vision problem and I ended up having to reveal my problem to several friends in the course of one week.  

Anyways, happy viewing.  I posted it for a couple reasons.  1) I get a lot of questions about what the heck an injection involves. 2) I'm surprised it was on YouTube. 3) It's kind of fun to freak people out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment