~

“Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.” ~ Jonathan Swift

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Menu Ideas

When I first started this diet, I had some trouble finding recipes.  I'm going to start posting my weekly menus and links to recipes, where applicable, so newcomers can get ideas of what the heck to eat.  It can be really tough figuring out what to cook, esp. if the new diet changes your current eating patterns.   Hope this helps.

Last week's meals:

Tofu Provencal with Quinoa (surprisingly good)


Foil-baked Cod with Soy-Lemon Broccoli and Brown Rice (dress the broccoli very lightly--otherwise it will be too salty)

Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon with Sauteed Kale and Quinoa (delicious)

Sesame-crusted Tofu with Soba Noodles (too salty; tone down the soy sauce!)

My breakfasts always consists of non-fat plain yogurt and a Chunk of Energy or two.  Snacks include Chunks, nuts, banana nut bread, edamame, and fruit.

3 comments:

  1. so kyle and i are gonna do your diet. he's a bit scared because his two favorite foods are bread and cheese. i just hope we don't break the bank because fish is more expensive than other types of protein. oh, here's an anti-inflammatory friendly dessert--chocholate dipped strawberries and frozen banana bites dipped in chocholate than rolled in nuts. the only restriction would be to use dark chocholate, right?! we're having friends over for dinner and plan to serve that.

    thanks for recipe ideas. we're gonna need help getting this train out of the station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the cost of fish alarms me too. I deal with this by only having fish once a week and buying salmon chunks (vs. whole fillets). At Reading Terminal, the chunks are only 3.99 per pound vs. 12.99. HUGE difference. Good luck on the diet. I hardly eat bread anymore, but I do allow myself cheese in small amounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy salmon steaks. Cheaper than filets, but more delicious. They're fatty which keeps them moist and hard to over-cook. In NYC, I pay $6-7 / lb.

    ReplyDelete